Want some quick statistics about your hard disk? Want to know how healthy is your hard disk feeling? Check out Crystal Dew World. It has a number of softwares but we are having a look on Crystal Disk Info and then on Crystal Disk Mark. These are portable softwares, portable(means no installation required). Crystal Disk Info gives you all kinds of interesting data about your hard disk and can be downloaded here
A mere 733 KB download, when you run gives you all kinds of data about your hard disk like:
- The number of times it has been powered up.
- The number of hours it has been running.
- Firnware, interface, transfer modes, Supported features
- Buffer size, LBA 28bit and 48bit
- Temperature of the disk
- Overall health of the disk.
- Then all other kinds of data like spin-up time, start/stop count etc.
- You can also graph these values and compare them with a built in graph utility.
- And you can choose which of your disk to view if you have more than one.
|Crystal Disk Info|
These here are the statistics for my aging old hard drive. I terribly need a new one. (I won’t mind donations!!) . Anyways check out the awesome tool, very informative and free and small and portable.
If on the other hand you would like to benchmark your disks and see which one is better or want to do it for some other purpose then check out Crystal Disk Mark. Another small download, free and portable and you can choose a variety of options and compare the benchmarks for read/write access. You can control the number of passes to make, the amount of data to be used and the partition you want to benchmark.
|Crystal Disk Mark|